Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Twilight.. Really?? Well, yeah..


I gave in to all the hype and read the Twilight series. All 4 of the books. Not what I'd read, normally. But I see why it could be popular, on a superficial, candy-floss level.

One, the girl could be anyone. And a "stunning" vampire comes along and saves her life just as she begins what would normally be a very yawn-inducing stay with her father.

Everyone loves bad boys, this one is better than all the rest because.. wait for it.. he's a good bad boy! Brilliant.

And there's the whole vampire-werewolf rivalry. Two gorgeous supernatural creatures vying for one girl. Love eternal. Blah blah blah.

There's more criticism about this series everywhere than the number of pages in all books mutliplied by n (n can be any number you like, it'll still be true!).

This series is pop fiction at its Pop-est. But I wouldn't include it in my "this-one's-a-keeper" list. Besides, underneath all the vampire and werewolf hoo-haa, it's very, very mushy. Don't we have Mills and Boon for that? Sorry, Twilight fans. One time was almost (but I admit, not quite) one time too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment