Thursday, August 22, 2013

One night..

Oh come on already! I've restarted the modem, unplugged all the cables and plugged them in again, even rebooted the laptop for good measure, to feel like I'm actually doing something. It’s no use. The lights remain stubbornly and defiantly red. What am I to do? The guys at customer care say there’s some technical problem, and the connection should be up by tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've got half-a-dozen emails to send off, and I need to post something on my blog, not to mention all the reading-random-stuff-on-the-internet time I'm missing out on.

Should I just use the app to answer emails? Should I type out the blog post on my phone as well? Or should I just hook up the phone as a personal hotspot? Two emails are important, I answer them from my phone. The rest can wait until tomorrow. As for the blog post, I’ll write it; literally. If nothing else, it’s good practice for my handwriting. I can type it out later, what matters is that I'm writing. Now for what I'm doing for the rest of tonight. That YouTube playlist is obviously out of the question, there’s nothing that interesting on television, and I'm not really in a channel-surfing mood right now.

There’s a pile of books to read, but I don’t want to explore a new book either. I want comfort — comfort food, comfort reading, and my comfy bed. So, I curl up after dinner with The Lord of The Rings. People don’t usually understand why I keep going back and re-reading LOTR. (“You've read LOTR? All three books? More than once? My God.”) It’s just epic, and definitely yields something at every single read. So, I'm off to Middle Earth to journey to Mount Doom, and shudder at all the Gollum bits; and of course, I can’t get enough of Gandalf, the elves and the Ents.

I'm going to be up all night, reading an actual book. Everything is as it should be, the internet be damned. For tonight, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. We have lived ages without internet but moving with time is inevitable!!! I too get same feeling of getting new insight every time I listen to beethoven symphony

    ReplyDelete