Monday, August 5, 2013

That moment when...

Some moments, when I look back, shine out. A few have the brittle brilliance of diamonds. Others have a gentle glow, like the light glimmering in a distant window in the dark. One or two, however, loom large and cast their light and shadow over all the rest.

These last moments came without a warning, when I had no expectations and no inkling that something out of the ordinary would happen. They came when I wasn't thinking at all, but going along with the day -- going with the flow, so to speak.

They may not look life-changing or even extraordinary to others, but to me, when I think of them, they are reminders of how sweet life is, and how it is best enjoyed when I let go and just be... They make me realize the importance of seizing the present and not wearing myself down with thoughts of what might have been and what may (or may not) come. They are complete in and of themselves, capsules unsullied by the sordidness of everyday drudgery. They remind me to not hold on too tightly, because only when one moment ends, can another happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment