Friday, July 26, 2013

Too stupid to even be stupid.



This conversation happened over a phone call earlier today.

--------------------

“This is about the authentication mechanism you worked on before you left our team. The guys have defined the user under People, and now the login isn't happening.”

“The board expects the user to be defined under Users. Otherwise it won’t be authenticated. We've discussed this before.”

“Yes but they defined the user under People and now it won’t authenticate.”

“The board looks for that particular distinguished name. If the user isn't defined with the proper group, it won’t allow login.”

“The guys defined it under People.”

“The board expects Users or it won’t allow login. You can use the definition file I wrote while I was still working with the team.”

“We did but now the guys changed it to People and it doesn't work any more.”

“Either you should change the user definition to the right group or the people coding for the board authentication should change what they expect from potential users.”

“But the board guys won’t change their code.”

“Use the original definition file I created, then.”

“The guys changed it to People and now it won’t work.”

“Try changing it back to Users.”

“But the guys changed it to People.”

“I'm sorry, I have to go now. Bye.”

--------------------

Why did I even answer the phone? Does anyone else think this is incredibly stupid or is it just me? Did I not try hard enough? Would there have been any point in trying a little longer to explain?

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment