Thursday, July 4, 2013

If Frodo can take the One Ring to Mordor...



... I can get out of bed and go to work. That’s what I told myself to combat the now-familiar feeling of despair I feel the minute I wake up. Of late, work has been nothing but boring on the purely technical side; and nothing but frustrating in all other aspects. The thought of going to work fills me with misery every morning these days, and I'm not exaggerating.

So I told myself to suck it up like Frodo and get to work. It’s so hard to push yourself to do something that you don’t like. But sometimes it just has to be done, there’s no other way. Until I find another project or another job at any rate.

Atleast I don’t have Gollum following me, or orcs hunting me. That should cheer me up a little. But I find myself saying, “If only there were orcs” wistfully. Is my job really that bad? Not according to the millions of unemployed youth in the world. It pays the bills.

And so, I'm off. To do what I must so that my bills get paid and order is restored to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment